The Christmas Dilemma: Mary & The Dilemma of Yes
We’re in Luke 1.26-38 today and we’re looking at Mary and her dilemma of ‘yes’.
Mary was a young teenage girl when she was presented with the dilemma of ‘yes’. The work God was up to presented a seemingly difficult situation for Mary. How could a betrothed virgin become pregnant without ever having been with a man?
The angel Gabriel provided explanation and Mary responded with ‘Yes’. And with that ‘yes’ she pursued God’s call on her life. That’s not to say her life got easy – on the contrary, she would be walking through some of the most difficult seasons of her life.
Like Mary we have a responsibility to pursue the call that God has placed on us.
Questions to ask
- What is God calling you to say yes to?
- How do we pursue the call that God has placed on us? (See the takeaways!)
- Find out what God has already said. (Psalm 119:105)
- Pray and ask God to speak to you. (Jeremiah 33.3)
- Seek wise counsel from trusted advisors. (Proverbs 15.22)
Other Sermons In This Series
December 16, 2018
December 02, 2018
January 08, 2019