Nehemiah: Discouraged Yet Resolved
Nehemiah and the builders encounter opposition from the surrounding regions’ leaders. They become discouraged and their resolved is challenged. Nehemiah prays a brutally honest prayer to God asking for judgement of their enemies. He calls everyone to arm themselves and the work continues on the wall.
We’re in Nehemiah 4 this week.
A few key points from the sermon:
- Our dialogue with God must be greater than our dialogue with the enemy.
- Our resolve must outweigh our discouragement.
- Sometimes we must slow our progress to prevent it from completely stopping.
- We measure our effectiveness more by completion – not by how busy we are.
- We must remember who we fight. Ephesians 6.12
- We must remember Satan’s desires. 1 Peter 5.8
- We must remember it isn’t just about us. Galatians 6.2
- We must remember why we do it! 1 Peter 4.7-11
Other Sermons In This Series
October 27, 2018
November 11, 2018
March 31, 2019