Join Pastor Jon and the HBC Family for this week’s livestream where we’re looking at Romans 12.3.
Verse 3 often gets lost but it’s an important remind to each of us.
- Thinking of yourself improperly impacts how you see the rest of the world
- Paul is speaking to the church – the body of Christ.
- This goes for arrogance as well as self-deprecation.
Paul goes on to say think with sober judgement.
- Actual growth stems from objective thought.
- Some of this is rooted in bad theology.
- Don’t cheapen the effect of the cross by labeling yourself incorrectly. If you are in Christ you have a new identity.
Let’s be careful about how we view ourselves as God’s children.
- We serve a God of second chances.
- God can redeem your thinking if you embrace what He says.
“Measure of Faith”
- We need to acknowledge that we are at uniquely different places in our spiritual journeys.
- Different gifts, different abilities – all so the body can function properly.
- Be thankful for what He has gifted you with, and use it for His glory.
The ground is level at the foot of the cross.
Other Sermons In This Series
May 17, 2020
June 14, 2020