Romans 12: Transformation by the Renewing of our Mind
We’re in Romans 12:2 today, learning about being transformed by the renewing of our minds.
- Renew carries two definitions because it’s a combination of two words:
- New & Again
- Renewal is an ongoing process.
- 2 Corinthians 4.16 – It’s a daily process – not weekly or monthly. “Day by day”
- Colossians 3.10
- “μεταμορφόω ” = metamorphoó: to change form.
- We get the word ‘metamorphosis’ from this Greek word.
- The concept means everything in our lives will be touched by this metamophosis.
Why put myself in a place where daily change is necessary?
- So we can test and approve what God’s will is (Romans 12.2)
- We live in the dark in regards to what God’s will is in the big things, because we choose to live in the dark for the little things.
- Luke 16.10
- Matthew 22: Love God, Love People.
- Luke 6.45-46
- James 3.9-12
Am I hungering and thirsting after righteousness? Am I bringing God’s name glory?
- It’s a process.
- A transformed life results in the transformation in others as well.
Other Sermons In This Series
May 17, 2020
June 14, 2020
May 31, 2020