Nehemiah continues restoring the temple and Sabbath practices. We’re starting in Nehemiah 13.10-22 this week and reflecting on Psalm 51.
The process of restoration includes humility, repentance, time to heal, a commitment to spiritual growth, a heart for ministry and a lifestyle that glorifies the Lord.
The process of restoration:
- Humble Submission (Psalm 51.1)
- 1 Peter 5.5-6
- Matthew 23.12
- A Repentant Heart (Psalm 51.2-9)
- Matthew 3.8
- A Time of Healing (Psalm 51.10-13)
- 1 Peter 5.10
- Commitment to Spiritual Growth (Psalm 51.12b)
- Colossians 2.6-7
- A Heart for Ministry (Psalm 51.13)
- 2 Corinthians 11.30
- 2. Corinthians 12.9
- A Lifestyle that Glorifies the Lord (Psalm 51.14-19)
- Matthew 5.14-19
- Repentance = A Change of Heart or a Change of Mind.
- True repentance bears fruit.
- Healing takes time.
- Sustained spiritual growth comes from a reliance on God, His Word and His people.
- A consistent lifestyle is what demonstrates true repentance and true humility.
- A changed life speaks for itself.
Other Sermons In This Series
February 24, 2019
January 08, 2019
March 24, 2019