Nehemiah: Here I Stand
Nehemiah and the leaders sign a document saying they will take care of the house of the Lord. We’re in Nehemiah 10 this week.
It’s a ‘Here We Stand’ moment – three areas of discipline that we need to practice; This is what we believe – This is how we’re going to live.
- How I live (Nehemiah 10.29)
- My worldview will be directed by the things of God.
- My allegiance is to the Lord and His Commandments.
- How can you base your worldview on the Bible when you don’t read it?
- Where I am (Nehemiah 10.31)
- Where I spend my time says a lot about what I prioritize.
- We need people in the church to minister to us.
- What I prioritize (Nehemiah 10.32-33, 39)
- Prioritize stewardship – what we have is from the Lord.
- Find ways to serve your neighbor.
- Accountability is important.
- My worldview can’t be influenced by things that I don’t spend time in.
How are you doing in these areas?
- How are you living?
- What drives what comes out of your mouth?
- What drives your decisions?
- Is it an overwhelming conviction that God’s Word is true?
- Where are you?
- Are you where you need to be as God’s child?
- Or have you alienated yourself from people who can challenge, encourage, hold you up and help you be who you are in Christ?
- What are your priorities?
- Are you prioritizing generosity?
- Can you back up what you say you are with how you really live?
Other Sermons In This Series
Nehemiah: This is Our God
January 13, 2019
Nehemiah: Restoration is More than a Wall
November 18, 2018
Nehemiah: Endurance Under Trial
November 04, 2018