The Power of the Resurrection
As we continue in this season of resurrection, we’re reminded of the things that Jesus said – as well as those things that the enemy would say.
Things Jesus would never say:
- Surrender to your fears and allow them to control you.
- Surrender to your doubts and allow them to overwhelm you.
- Surrender to your anxiety and allow it to paralyze you.
- Be belligerent in your unbelief.
- Don’t be teachable or honest in areas of unbelief.
Things Satan would say:
He will feed your fears.
- You are alone.
- You believed a lie.
- You are unworthy of love.
- You are beyond rescue.
- You are defined by your past and what others have done to you.
- You will never change.
- He is a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. (1 Peter 5.8)
- He is the father of lies. (John 8.43-44)
Things Jesus would say:
- I will never leave you. (Deuteronomy 31.6, Hebrews 13.5-6)
- I do not condemn you. (Romans 8.1)
- Bring your doubts! (Matthew 11.1-6)
- I don’t give you a spirit of fear. (2 Timothy 1.7)
- Nothing affects my love for you. (Romans 8.31-39)
- Better days are coming! (Romans 10.13)
Questions & Takeaways:
- Who are you yielding to?
- There are people to serve.
- There is power to possess.
- The days are limited.
Yielded living includes:
- Pursuit of Jesus (Mark 16.16 – “Believed”)
- Pursuit of people (Mark 16.15 – “Go into all the world…”)
- Pursuit of spiritual health (Mark 16.14 – “He reproached them”)
November 24, 2019
August 11, 2019
August 04, 2019