The Last Words of Christ: The Resurrection
Happy Easter! Today we celebrate the Risen Savior! We’re listening to James the lesser and the account of Mary Magdalene in John 20.1-18.
- John 20.1-18
- John 19.25
- Matthew 27.57-61
Things to remember:
- Brokenness prepares us for dependence. We must realize we are not able in order to then run into the arms of the One Who is Able.
- Jesus shows up and surprises people in their deepest valleys:
- John 11.1-45 – Raising Lazarus
- John 8.1-11 – Adultress forgiven
- John 4.1-43 – Woman at the well
- Luke 7.11-17 – Raising the Widow’s son
- Luke 23.39-44 – Dying Convict Forgiven
- Jesus often shows up and shows off His power in the darkest of days.
- Jesus knows you by your name. You were created for relationship.
- The message of the Gospel is less concerned with your past and more concerned about your present redemption and future glorification.
Other Sermons In This Series
April 14, 2019