Thanksgiving frames how you live
We’re taking a break from Romans to be thankful as we come into the Thanksgiving holiday. Join us in Colossians 4.2-6 as Paul reminds us to be thankful.
Key Passage: Colossians 4.2-6
- If you train your mind to look for reasons to be thankful, you will find them. Likewise if you train your mind to look for reasons to be bitter.
- Pray with awareness rooted in thanksgiving.
- Keeping alert – 1 Peter 5.8
- Attitude of thanksgiving 1 Thessalonians 5.17-18
- Because we are thankful we are aware that every situation is an opportunity.
- The heart that isn’t thankful views every situation as an obstacle.
- Because it is an opportunity for God to be revealed, we are to conduct ourselves properly.
- With Wisdom
- With grace – 1 Peter 3.15
A life of thanksgiving drives us to see God for who He is… what He has done… how blessed we are… and fills us with a desire to share the gospel with others.
Other Sermons In This Series
November 24, 2013