Romans VS: According to His Purpose
We’re back in Romans 8.28-30 this week. We’ll be camping in this passage for the next several weeks as dig into the deep theology within. Today we’ll be looking at how we should handle challenging topics with humility.
Focus Text: Romans 8.28-30
- 1 Corinthians 2.6-16 (Apart from the Spirit you won’t have the mind of Christ.)
- Romans 11.33-36 (Who has known the mind of the Lord?)
- Job 38.4 (Where were you?)
- Titus 3.9-11 (Avoid foolish controversy.)
- Stumbling blocks
- 1 Corinthians 8.9
- Romans 14.13-23
- 1 Corinthians 1.23
- Unity of the body
- 1 Corinthians 1.10-17
- Unity in the body results in peace within and effectiveness without.
Questions to ask
- What caused people to get offended and walk away from Jesus?
- He was loving, healing, defending outcasts, changing lives.
- Am I practicing humility when it comes to the Lord? to Scripture? the Gospel? to other Christians?
- Am I distracting from the Gospel or aiding the spread of the Good News?
- Are you putting speed bumps (stumbling blocks) in front or the gospel or in front of Jesus?
Other Sermons In This Series
January 26, 2020
March 22, 2020
February 23, 2020