It’s Scouts’ Sunday here are Hartland Bible Church. They presented a flag ceremony for us and demonstrated their focus on serving others. Our focus today is service to the Lord. We’re looking at 1 Corinthians 15.58 and abounding in the work of the Lord.
Focus Text: 1 Corinthians 15.58
- Therefore – because of the Gospel
- My Beloved Brethren – despite our differences
- Be Steadfast – “sitting”; meditating on the truth of the Gospel
- Immovable – on the truth of the Gospel
- Ephesians 4.14
- 2 Timothy 2.15
- Always Abounding – the time is short; abounding in the work of the Lord
- not busyness
- not contrary to the Kingdom
- Your toil is not in vain in the Lord
- Philippians 2.14-18
- Galatians 6.9
Questions to ask
- Does the Gospel change the way you live?
- How does your love for brothers & sisters in Christ change how you live?
- Are you steadfast in the gospel, or is it optional?
- What are you abounding in?
- What is the surplus you’re creating?
- Is it with eternity in mind?